February 17, 2012

My first trail ride at a real horse camp

Yes, I know this is really late, you can tell by the pictures that I did this in October. But I never got around to posting it, and believe me I had full intention----enough that I don't care that I'm blogging about something I did last year. ;)
You might think that because I worked at the Flying-R-ranch that I would have been trail riding more then I did. Well, that was my first time. Sure I'd been on the trails, but I wasn't riding horses on the trails....
Clip, clip, chop-chop-chop, saw, saw, saw----I was making them.
As I did with the sign above. It looks a lot better finished, but it needed a little more highlighting, which I never got to do. Pity the picture is blurry, but you can still see my little trademark stick horses.
Saddling up. This palomino's name is candy, one of my friend's friend's horse that she borrowed for the ride, while I rode her horse, Lady. She is an Old fashioned Morgan, one of my three favorite breeds.
 My other companion for the ride has a paint quarter horse named Zoey.

And so we went. Me, Friend 1 and friend 2. You can't see it, but I'm wearing a Flying-R t-shirt. I had bought it a few weeks before and I thought this was a cool time to wear it, even though it was crazy cold. When we started anyway. 
We didn't have any trouble at all on our trip, but as we started off a horse belonging to someone we invited to come with us, broke away and kinda got into a freak-out state. Friend 1 caught him, I think, and returned him.



It was different to actually enjoy the trails, then to cut them. I'll admit it wasn't as beautiful as it was in the summer, the hill in the picture top right with Lady's head, that hill is covered in Daisies in about june, and the river is blue and green and clear---and warm. But Candy wasn't daunted by the freezing water, she was all out for taking Friend one for a dip. 




No comments:

Post a Comment