November 30, 2011

In the last minnute....I did it.

 
 I won NaNoWrimo this year! As you can see. My name is not yet on that just yet, but it's gonna be there. Now, just to remind anybody who might have forgotten, NaNoWrimMo means National Writing Month. It is a contest where thousands of people compete with themselves, friends, and time. 
It is; can you write this many words in a month? It is harder or easier then it sounds.
If you think it's hard---please, it's easy! 
If you think it's easy---watch out, and be warned. 
If any of that makes any sense.  ;) It depends on the person, and the time they've got.
The contest is not a "who has written the best book?" Sort of thing. In fact, nobody sees your story unless you want them to. And you don't put it in the internet. Just your daily word count.
You folks older then 17 have to write 50, 000 words. 
Under 17? You can create your own goal. this was my last year doing that. My goal was 30,000. Pretty easy right? Last year I had a hard time with 20,000 words, but then I wrote like around 500 words a day. 
I've gotten twice as fast now. As long as I know what I'm writing. So, a thousand a day. No problem.
First week  of  November: Ready....start! Write, type, write, type. 
Second day: I'm stuck.
third day: On fire!
Fourth week: Ahhh! five- thousand words behind and I'm only catching up about two thousand a day! procrastination.
Last days of November: I'm gonna make it...
Nov. 30, 11:59 pm: verified, and won. and just on the last minute.
whew! Whooooooo-hooooooo! Ha,Ha!  :D


1 comment: