October 26, 2011

Ribbet-ribbet


So, gosh, look how long it took me to write about four days on a pioneer trek? Almost four months. So here we go, back to the regular stuff that happens to me. Ducky, her dog Eva and I went fishing at Discovery pond behind our house. It was a long time before I got a real bite from something heavier then the regular little perch fish of the pond.
Tug-tug....Tug-tug....
 "I think I've got something....I do!" I pulled out.....

A FROG. He actually took my bait. To be specific, I believe he is a bull frog.
"Well, we can take him home," Ducky said, "We could eat him."
I'd tasted frog before....bleh. Too much tendon. And slimy. It was at a restaurant, and Mom offered a quarter to whoever could eat a frog leg. So I did. I also tried sushi. ....Yuck. I think I gagged on that one. I like Chinese food, but sometimes I just can't handle slimy food.
Everybody has different taste buds.
We let the frog go.

1 comment:

  1. ha ha- can't blame you for leaving him. LOVE your face in that picture!

    ReplyDelete