October 28, 2011

Girls camp 2011

Girls camp was fun, it was held at The Flying Ranch. So for me, it was vacation at work, (I worked there for the summer). My sister had a holy ghost experience while in her tent, settling down for bed. ( At girls camp settling down in your tent means: having a pillow fight, getting hyper from all the sugar you eat, and then telling stories at night, usually scary stories with beehives, and talking till 3:00 in the morning).
So my sister was doing just that, when the Holy Ghost said, "Move." 
Why? she asked in her head, and continued the scary story she was telling her friend,
(Who was tenting with her).
Again, "Move."
Where? what for? My sister paused, and then, "MOVE."
She was lucky then to have listened. She threw herself on her friend, and there was a crack, and a branch that had been above her tent fell on it, smashing down on where her head had been a second ago.
I would not have been so quick. I have to practice very hard on listening to the Holy Ghost, and more so do what he says with out question. But every time anyone does, they are blessed. It is always for a good reason.

Apart from that, she had fun. Camp went on as normal.
All of the girls, as far as I know, went on a hike that ended up at a cave. A very muddy, cold, but cool cave. It was better then last year's dead cow. That year there was a rotting cow at the end of our hike. Phew.



2 comments: