April 10, 2011

Somtimes...









I think too much on what to write about.
There are so many ideas in my brain, there is never nothing, it's only what, and which one?
So today I will write about a career I will take on for life. I am going to be a writer and an artist. anyone who can draw a stick figure, can be an artist.
That is my belief. See mine at the top? You might notice one I never finished. My stick people are always cowboys and Indians, or fishermen. And sometimes my family. I like to decorate my envelopes with them. I used to draw possums on envelopes too. Mischievous ones. I have been drawing since I could hold a crayon.
But that is mostly because I have such a art- supportive mother. she gave me pencils, crayons, glitter, paint, markers and scissors, ( yes, there were times, my mom says, when I cut my hair, and drew on myself; I remember going to church with green marker all over my hands,) and over the years even a couple desks. Right now I have two.Desks, not green hands. He,he.
But the only problem is that when I was six I caught horse fever and since then I drew only ponies and horses. of course there was the occasional Kittie and dog in my picture, and a bird, but I drew only stick people. They were not important. And now, almost ten years later, when I feel like I want to have people riding my horses, I realize my people are no match for my horses! I can draw any animal realistically if i can see it,
(You can see some on my art bog, though I admit it's old,)
but people? Eh, he, need a few more years. I wish there was a smiley face I could put here. :)
When I was ten i dropped markers and crayons, and I never did much with chalk.
I started to lean to pencils. i loved the dark against the white, and it was then when mom said, '
"Okay Tali, it's time to learn how to shade."
She told me to get my coloring books and color them with a pencil. And from there I learned to shade. I like colored pencils to, but they have no erasers!
(The col. pencils that do aren't as good as the ones that don't.) And I have recently discovered water color paints, after watching a movie with my family about Beatrix Potter, and I decided that I wanted to be able to paint as well as her. In that I have lots of room for improvement. I have in everything.
My Nana was also an artist and she worked as an apprentice for Evertt Thorpe. He was a Utah artist, and some of his works are so real looking, like his mountains, it makes me feel like I am looking up. Evertt thought she was to good to get married and raise a family, he wanted her to keep working for him. He was a stickler for anatomy. Nana says I need to study anatomy.
And so I do, though not as much as I should, I think.
Dad got the Drawing on the right side of your brain video for the whole family to work on for an hour or two each Saturday. So far we took two lessons. The first was a self portrait. Yikes! We all got mirrors, and stared at ourselves for a while. At least I did. I drew myself quite small, maybe so that I couldn't see the mistakes. It was pretty okay. I will eventually get better.
These are some of the envelopes i have done in the past.


2 comments:

  1. I love feeling like I am getting to know you better! I miss you Tali. Keep posting! I keep checking to see if you have written.

    ReplyDelete