April 28, 2011

Camping at Rocky Top

 We went for a mini vacation to A nearby lake.
  And I found the best fishing spot. This top and left is a bridge that was busted by flood water. On the left, you can see a tree that fell in to. It lies right across, and near it's roots and underneath it was a nice fish nest. It was at least until my siblings came to marvel over it.
"WOW!"
"Look at those fish Tali!"
"Yes, I see, I was here first, I know," I say, just a little irritated.
"There's a big one,"
                                                                                      "I'm gonna scoot down and take a closer look."
                                                                                     "No, please don't, your way too close,"  Too late,                                                                                                      they all swim away.

But I owe thanks for all my hooks they have saved from snags.
On the left I am taking a mental picture of it with dad, from my point of veiw, There is a scene that I think would make a nice scenery drawing.
Oh, and I take a lot of pictures, but there are lots on my blog that were taken by my Mom. Here at the bottom is Dad showing you how huge this pipe is.


And stayed in tiny cabins. We rented two. And had a fun time visiting different parts of the lake, fishing, ( I caught two perch, though I'd rather liked to have caught trout,) adventuring, playing ladder ball, and Air hockey. The only sad thing is that we didn't visit any of the mills. There are tons of cool old mills, some refurbished to look like they had one when they were new, and many that are left to rot. I feel sorry for the ones people have just let go, I like to imagine the little villages of Irish people, picturing were they were, and what they did. We once  hiked to see  an old hospital by a river that had burnt down.

1 comment:

  1. Orphintons, anacondas, perch and princesses...what a combination!

    ReplyDelete