January 6, 2013

I'm back!

Well! The lack of activity here is another testimony of how facebook takes up blogging time. Facebook is fun, especially because nearly everyone is on it and you can get immediate feedback. But something you simply can't do on facebook is write a long post about fishing or drawing or whatever. You write " I had a lovely day fishing" or, "I went trail riding today" or even, "I burnt mom's birthday cake" but not the story.

 People visit your page to chat,(small talk really) see news and share jokes, but never lengthy stories. Not that I have a lengthy story, but I thought I might as well post something here. Since November, (Translation, NaNoWriMo,) I haven't drawn anything serious, and sometimes when I pause like that I start getting afraid of losing my talent for it.

Some people say, "After all those years, I found that I have lost my touch with the brush." What a nightmare. I don't want to do that. So I sat down and made myself practice imperfect doodle sketches and refused myself the luxury of using the eraser as much as possible. These pictures are what has come of it, and it's not too bad.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry, they'd be in better if I'd scanned them in, rather than be lazy and just take pictures of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you kidding? I am jaw dropped amazed at your talent. Way to keep after it. You draw like I have always wanted to.

    ReplyDelete