January 7, 2013

Hee-haww


Yes, if you are wondering I am sort-of-in my er ...pajamas? I didn't want this picture to be taken while I was in these clothes, but my sister insisted that she wouldn't get me to pose any other time than while I was doing my chores. In a big short sleeve shirt, (it was kind of warm that day...)
 And cowboy boots. Oh well. :) 

So that's Rufus and I. He is a jack that we have been taking care of for some family friends. Yeah, I'll admit I tried saddling him. I got that far, but that was about it. At least we got him to come to his name. You know what one of the differences seem to be between horses and donkeys? Donkeys are neat and tidy with everything but eating. I had to to fence in the bottom of the hay bale. What he's really tidy with are his poop piles. He doesn't mess the whole barn, but has these particular spots. Which makes it easy to clean it up.

Our chicken coop is in the same pasture, and every morning my little sister goes out to let out her rare anaconda duck flock, Rufus tags along to watch those funny waddling creatures. Or, maybe he's just hanging around for any extra grain...


1 comment:

  1. Totally understand trying to ride a donkey that doesn't want to be ridden.

    ReplyDelete