May 3, 2010

A walk in our 5 acre woods




Ducky and I took a walk in our forest each at a different time and we both took pictures. I took the two top ones and she took the other two. When ever I am away traveling somewhere, I have missed the rolling hills of the Ozarks, the scenery, the out doors activities, the little critters, and even the thunderstorms, also a particular annoying bug that makes a wee, a wee, a weeeee sound. Those little bugs are called cicadas. they come around in June,, or when it starts to get hot. Their wee wee sound is so loud it covers any other sound like cars or the little frogs, crickets and Whippoorwills. Cicadas were one of the things I knew I wouldn't miss when I spent the summer in CA...however, the first couple nights it took me a long while to go to sleep. It was too quiet.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful photography...lovely landscape...My own special girls!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you make me want to go on long walks with a camera, a fishing pole, a good book and an even better friend.

    ReplyDelete