May 14, 2010

The almost trophy fish



A little late but here it is, ( top,) is the the whooper so far, a large mouth bass . 4 lbs and 18 in. that I caught in discovery pond. 2 more pounds and he could have been a trophy.
I almost caught a much bigger one but it broke my 10 pound test line. I caught this whooper at the last minute just as mom called us home and we thought the fish stoped biting. On that day Ducky made the discovery of Bullhead cat fish that have been living in the pond in secret. We are going to try and catch those to, besides the giant Bass that got away.

above is not the same fish but another I caught at a lake called Sims Vally. In this picture I am teaching Ducky how to clean fish my way.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Looks like fun. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for blogging. You are all so far away, but this makes you seem close some how.

    ReplyDelete