September 18, 2009

Memorial

During my visit in CA, three of our most loved pets passed away this summer .
last year Cookie, my sister's kittie, survived serious head injury when accidently smashed in a car door at 8 weeks, and ever since she'd been a bit crazy, but loved people. And some how it stunted her growth, and she's always been the same size since.
just last week when my family and I came home from CA, she disappeard.
Cookie had been reported sick before my family came to pick J. up. Tigress, My favorite cat, died caring for 4 orphaned litters of kittens. About four years ago, I rescued her and her siblings from an old farmer that was just going to shoot them, or feed them to his dogs. At first she was just a mean barn kittie, the wildest of her litter but with loads of Patience and a few bit fingers, I tamed her with the help of my sisters, and we be came best friends. Molly, our jersey cow died by some poisonous plant. she was also bloated, but when mom stabbed Molly to get rid of all the gas , she didn't improve . She was an excellent milker, giving 6 gallons of milk a day . Funny,.... I think I miss churning butter.

1 comment:

  1. lovely memorial- beautifully written and great pictures to go with. I mourn with you in your loss-

    ReplyDelete